Friday, December 10, 2010

Protesting at Military Funerals

I'm not sure how or why soldiers and veterans have such a special place in my heart, because it's not like I grew up in a military family. From a very young age I was fascinated with Vietnam, and always thought how horrible it was that the men who served were treated so poorly when they got home.

NOW I have more of a reason...my niece married a soldier, who is currently overseas, and they have a darling little 3 month old baby. So now I have more of a face with the feelings, but I still have always felt really strongly about the military, and supporting and protecting it.

I have seen this before, but again on facebook today, a friend of mine pointed out how some people (who claim to be Christians, which REALLY gets my fire going) protesting at military funerals. I'm sorry, did you hear that? Protesting. Picketing. Yelling and screaming at mourning families that God is glad their child, brother, sister, husband, wife, nephew, is DEAD.

Are you kidding me??? Oh my GOSH that ticks me off. To those people I say, who the hell do you think you are? What have YOU ever done for your country? For your God? I am all for our rights, believe me. The government has way too much control over too much already. But this. This is too much. This should not only be illegal (which I seriously can't believe I have to even say that) it should also be punishable by law.

I do not care if you think war is atrocious. You're right. It is. I don't care if you think that there is collateral damage; you know what? There inevitably is, and that sucks. However, don't you DARE go to the funeral of a soldier who gave up everything for YOUR rights.

Some things should just be sacred. And this is one of them. Heaven help you if you're ever in MY area and I see you doing that. Shame on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment